Believe In The Arts, Man. | Blog Post #5

It’s been exactly a week since I’ve been back from Los Angeles. It’s been great to see my family and friends and to relax a little bit.

At the same time, though, it’s almost bittersweet. I loved my life in LA. I felt like I was doing good, making a difference, and I was so happy everyday. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life here just as much, but in LA I felt truly independent and that my happiness was coming from within and not from approval by others.

But just because I’m back from LA doesn’t mean I can’t take the things I learned back home with me. I’ve learned to be more independent, to share my opinions more, to not apologize for how I’m feeling, and to have confidence in both myself and my work. I lived in another city for almost three months doing what was best for myself for the first time in my life and I didn’t die. First round’s (of apple juice, I am not 21) on me, y’all!!!!!

This internship experience has been incredibly fulfilling and honestly life changing (sorry that sounds dramatic, I know). It has taught me that I am in the right field and that I’m doing what I love. It has also taught me that I can believe in my talents and that believing in myself will produce the best results. If there is any advice I could give to anyone pursuing film, production, or a media career of any sort I would say just believe that you can succeed. I think too often people knock on students studying something in the arts saying it’s unrealistic or that there aren’t jobs available for us. But that’s a load of bullshit, to be quite honest. There is a world of opportunity for anyone willing to search and a world without art is boring and pointless. Believe in yourself and your talents, man.

Also just another update for all my #loyal blog followers – my phone was stolen at Lollapalooza in Chicago. There will be no eulogy or funeral because it is a phone, but ya girl was v sad for a little bit. I still don’t have a phone but we make do because I really should have been more careful with my phone. #ripsophia’sphone #2017-2017

Before I log off, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy, fun, and safe (don’t be dumb, you fools) school year! Kick ass, take names, and be a good person.

Love you all lots. BYE SUMMER 2017! I LOVE YOU.

One thought on “Believe In The Arts, Man. | Blog Post #5

“I think too often people knock on students studying something in the arts saying it’s unrealistic or that there aren’t jobs available for us. But that’s a load of bullshit, to be quite honest.” You said it best. I cannot wait to make films with you Sophia!!