Blog 6: Connecting your studies to your academic exploration

It is very hard for me to determine whether or not this internship has showed me if sales and marketing is the career path for me. I have nothing but good things to say about this internship and everything that has come with it but being the indecisive college student I am I still do not know what I want to do with my life. One thing that does draw me towards this career is the competitiveness in the market. Just like every other athlete out there I have a competitive side and hate to lose. I know when athletics are over for me I am still going to need to feed that part of me. As I’ve learned this summer a large part of sales and marketing is the competition within the market. I love the idea that in order for you to succeed you have to want to crush the opposition. That is something that will always be engrained in my being which makes me think that this could be the career for me. However, I know that there are plenty of other careers that are compelled by competition, which is why I am keeping my options open as I continue to figure out what my career will be.