Connecting Two | #6

I am thrilled to say for the first time in my life I feel I have gotten the clarity Ive been looking for for a while. I have always felt behind, in comparison to my peers, when It came down to future plans. Previously, I tried both finance and fashion, neither necessarily sparked my interest. Back at the starting blocks, I realized what was most important to me and what I envisioned for success was simply loving what I do. How could I be happy or hardworking if that weren’t the case? This is what opened my doors in pursuing an experience within the music industry.

Coming in with little knowledge of the industry I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. My passion for music was the foundation that enabled me to take off in such an unfamiliar industry. My love for music allowed me to succeed and feel more proud and accomplished than I ever have. This summer internship has truly been one of the most amazing and life changing experiences. Seeing myself grow as a person so drastically in such a short amount of time has been surreal.

Considering my next steps in reaching my intended career in the music industry starts with keeping in touch with everyone I have met along the way while continuing to build new relationships. At the University of Michigan I plan to complete my major in Psychology. My course selection at the University has allowed me to obtain knowledge regarding the social bases of human behavior and communication. As a social science, Psychology can be widely applied considering my academic background is critical to the workplace in general. One important skill to have in this fast moving industry is to be able to recover fast and learn from your mistakes. You wont grow if you don’t take changes and let yourself make mistakes. So how you react to these slip-ups is crucial. My academic background has influenced my understanding in how individuals relate to various environmental factors that allow people to bond in certain environments. My interest and background in Psychology paired with my passion for music can effectively allow me to put myself in the perspective of the consumer and what influences their decisions.

One thought on “Connecting Two | #6

It’s really cool that you’re internship gave you career clarity! Best of luck!