End of the Road #5

The summer is coming to an end, and I’m thankful that finally I have an interesting summer to describe to those who will ask me this coming fall. While driving home tonight, I reflected upon these past three months, and I have noticed a change in myself. This internship taught me that calmness and understanding are two important virtues to continue with in life, but especially work because it may consume you. Soon after college, I will have to enter the “work” world, and that freaks me out. Yet it is to my advantage that I remind myself to breathe, that getting super stressed out does not help as much as thinking things through and knowing that some things are not in our control. I hope that no matter what future job I will have, I will be able to be calm and enjoy it. I think this internship helped me to get my priorities straight, ironically the internship taught me that although I may think I have my priorities straight, I still have much to learn in life.

I made two very special friends this summer, and I am pleased that they both attend UofM as well. I cannot put into five blog posts the extent of my gratitude for the scholarship. The kindness of those who donate is astounding and such a special gift. I hope that one day I will be able to return the favor, mainly because I now know how wonderful it is to receive it. It was a summer of growth, and luckily this time there were minimum growing pains. So, thank you, thank you, thank you forever.

Here are the interns of Traverse City Film Festival! I will miss them all.

One thought on “End of the Road #5

Hi Mary Kate! I’m so happy that you learned a lot and grew during your internship! Spending the summer with you was wonderful! See you in the fall!!