Internship Reflections| #4

As I begin the final week of my internship, I now know that I want to be in Washington D.C. after graduation. Due to my love of politics, there is obviously no better place to be. With so much going on every day and so many opportunities, it is going to be hard to leave the District.

I have also realized through this internship that I really enjoy working in the media. I enjoy living and breathing the news and each day is different and exciting. It is also an amazing feeling when I get the chance to break news.

Through this internship I have also made life-long friends and connections. I have met students from schools across the country and I feel I have broadened my perspective. I also am a lot more confident as I go to look for a job this upcoming school year.

This summer has also allowed me to grow as a writer. Having professional editors look over my work has been incredibly beneficial. The editors challenge me to be the best writer I can be.

I am excited to get back to Ann Arbor, but it is also bittersweet. It is tough to leave the place I have learned to call home for the past three months. Yet, I know I can bring what I have learned this summer back to campus for my senior year and I know I will likely return to D.C. upon graduation.

2 thoughts on “Internship Reflections| #4

I am glad to hear that your internship has made you more confident as you pursue your future endeavors. It is also great that the editors challenged you to be your best and were able to help you develop as a writer.

After interning for a media outlet in Washington D.C. this summer, I sympathize with your plan to return–it’s hard to imagine doing that sort of work anywhere else!