Informational Interview Within my Organization #1

Throughout my internship experience, I was able to connect with an individual within my organization and interview her. The reason I connected with this person is because she held a position at the company that really stuck out to me and interested me tremendously. Her position at Jonesworks is Digital Marketing Manager, which is very important in making sure the way a company markets themselves is successful. This individual is in charge of running all of the social media accounts for each client at Jonesworks, and managing their digital profiles. She comes up with all of their posts on all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat. In this day and age, it is very important to make sure you are positioning your company to be featured in as many social media platforms as possible, as most marketing has gone digital within the past few years. Her job stands out and interests me since she is able to use her creative touch and imagination to come up with clever captions that will hopefully stand out to millennials and attract the attention of potential clients. Although this job can sometimes be stressful, it is definitely fun and less strenuous compared to some of the other work she has to take care of in the office. Throughout my internship, I was able to help her out and draft some of my very own potential posts to feature on social media platforms and sometimes even use my very own photographs! This was exciting for me as I was able to really get a feel for the role of a Digital Marketing Manger, since I am extremely interested in photography and am very up to date on what is trending on social media daily. I have learned a lot from working with this individual, especially how to position our clients on social media in the most favorable way. She has taught me what captions typically have a better outcome than others, and which photographs are better for certain social media platforms over others. I will use the certain skills and techniques that she has taught me for the rest of my life within my work, as well as my own social media accounts! Digital Marketing Manager is a very fascinating job title to hold in an office and I am very interested in one day being able to hold a position similar to this in my future job in Public Relations!

One thought on “Informational Interview Within my Organization #1

Alexa,

U-M departments, programs, and clubs always seem to be looking for social media marketing support, I encourage you to seek out those opportunities!