Wrap it up then #4

As the summer comes to an end, I find myself getting a bit sad. When summer ends, that means that my internship will be coming to an end as well. This week has been fun to say the least. I have learned to perfect my approach to consenting patients in the emergency room. I have even performed the Dix-HallPike test on almost all of the patients that I enrolled in the study. I am no longer nervous to approach patients whose family members are in the room  because it can be a bit awkward. I conquered my fears and I now feel completely confident in my screening approach! This week we are having a lunch with the Doctors who are over the study. We are having a lunch to not only discuss the progress we have made over the summer, but we are also going to catch up about our life outside of work. I’m very excited for this team lunch because I have become very close to my co-workers and truly consider them as friends/family. Although, we are coming to the end, as I write this blog I do not feel so sad anymore because I have accomplished a lot this summer, made friends, have become more confidence, and to top it off I know that there is always next year!

2 thoughts on “Wrap it up then #4

Great title. Congratulations on making progress in the health field as well.

I had a similar experience working in the Emergency Department- I’m glad you had such a great time!