Blog Post #3

For starters, I went into the internship having no prior experience in the entertainment industry. Every week our intern coordinator had set us up for meet and greet lunches with the executives at the company and the interns had to go around the room and explain what their interest in the industry is. My fellow intern peers were from all different backgrounds, ages, genders, and ethnicities, however, they all had one thing in common that I did not: interest in the industry. This truly was a struggle for me because I felt bad that I did not know what I wanted to do with my life and that I was possibly taking up a spot for someone who knows that they want to do entertainment. Although there are a variety of elements that add up to the entertainment industry, they were either aspiring actresses, directors, writers, or producers and I was the only one who spoke up and said that I had no idea what I wanted to do long-term. It turned out being fine that I have no idea what I want to do long-term, I still very much enjoyed learning about this industry and seeing what it had to offer. I was able to work on my reading and writing skills by doing a ton of script coverage and I also gained more desk experience and confidence when answering the front desk or covering for assistants. So regardless of the fact that I felt bad for not sharing the same dream as the other interns, I still was valued and I valued everything I observed and worked on during my time at this internship.