See you again

Looking back, my first day only felt like yesterday. I was so fortunate to meet such amazing young interns from different cities, interested in various issues, all ready to make a difference and also to work with such hardworking people committed to fight climate change.

I’m excited to see what the office continues to organize. I’ve been in contact with them on their Instagram and Twitter handles. Climate Week NYC is the first week of September – so I’m looking forward to see people participate in it.

This November, NYC will be voting for a mayor and I hope de Blasio gets reelected. I admire his support for sustainability issues. I really want NYC to continue its multidirectional approach to solving climate change issues. I’m also excited to see the Climate Action 2020 report, detailing smaller milestones the city is working on. It’s really encouraging to read about and work on initiatives in citywide reports and at the same day, see the initiative in use. An example is the city’s sustainability mascot, Birdie. The people that sit next to me in the office work on Birdie. Every day on my commute home, I wait for the Q27 at Flushing, right next to a gigantic Birdie poster that encourages NYers to bring their own reusable water bottles.

I’m excited to get back to campus and see people use the solar canopies – something my club worked on for years. It’s really rewarding to see things I work on make a difference for the better.