Over the last few weeks of my internship I have been working on a synthesis experiment in which we place gold nanoclusters in a nanoparticle in order to use it as a dye which can be used to kill cells through light excitation. It took me a few tries to get the technique down but I feel like the last experiment I did was the one. I have to wait a few days for the results and I am excited to see how it turned out!
I have learned so much over this past couple months that has helped me both in lab and in my outside life. I have gained a lot of connections from this internship and I have built a lot of relationships with the different members of my lab. I am excited to continue learning as the summer comes to an end; I will soon learn how to do cell culture! Also, once we get the results from my nanoparticle experiment I will learn different viability and biocompatibility tests to ensure that the nanoparticles work properly!