Success, One Proposal at a Time |#4

On the last week of my internship, I received good news from my boss that my very first proposal resulted in a win! My company won a $4 million project for a solar farm to be constructed in Maryland by next summer. I am glad my work has made an impact here. It will be powerful enough to power up a large portion of Montgomery County, just on the outskirts of Washington D.C, where a good friend of mine who attends Michigan also lives in. I guess I can jokingly say that his home’s electricity is going to be cheaper thanks to my work.

But what is there to also do in New York? Everything. Fortunately, I had a few friends from Michigan fly over to see me and to attend Broadway shows. We were able to get good seats for  The Great Comet and Waitress with some of my friend’s theater connections (his uncle was a screenwriter for another show called Chicago). As my internship is winding down, I look back at this summer as a great success. I have gained a more in-depth insight into the solar industry, how to improve my hard and soft skills, and I have had the opportunity to travel abroad.

I can’t wait to hear back in the coming months on the outcomes of more proposals that I have helped to create.

One thought on “Success, One Proposal at a Time |#4

Congratulations on the proposal being selected!