Wrapping Up

I’ve always been interested in working for a non-profit, and so I am very thankful I had the opportunity to intern at United Way. I’m so glad I’ve been able to work on different projects like redesigning campaign materials and creating a video campaign!

However, I have felt like I am not pushing myself as much as I want to be. I think this will be hard for me if I decide to continue to pursue marketing, since because of my prior experience a lot of things are just common sense to me. I do also understand how internships are just different than full time jobs. I am studying Economics along with Communications, and I believe that if pursued a more analytical job it would be good to see how I like it.  I’m hoping for a great internship next summer at a large corporation in order to compare it to my non-profit experience.

After this internship, I don’t necessarily want to pursue non-profit work right out of school. I believe that I can find deep meaning in a job outside of a non-profit. However, I could see myself going back later in my career to work in a more challenging management position at a non-profit.

My internship experience was good and I’m very thankful to have met my boss and coworkers. I love what United Way stands for as a company and would encourage everyone to look more into what they do. I’ll definitely sign up to participate in a workplace campaign and give money to help them in their mission. I’m determined to continue to fight for the health, education, financial stability, and basic needs of every person in every community, no matter where I end up.  #LiveUnited