Informational Interview 2

For my second informational interview I decided to reach out to a member of the publicity department within the record label. As an international marketing and promotions intern, the location of the department was isolated from the others and at times I felt restricted to being able to witness the way other departments operate at the company. I emailed the publicity employee and scheduled a sit down meeting to introduce myself.

During the meeting I asked her about her start at the company and how she felt about working there. I was curious what path she took to end up where she was now and how I can work toward achieving the same success that she has. I then asked what the day-to-day responsibilities of publicity were and was very interested in what she had to say. This meeting was extremely informative and opened my eyes to the possibility of a job position in this role.

While I started the summer thinking I would surely look for a marketing job after college, I have come to realize that my interests vary and before settling on a career I must explore all my options to find the best fit for me.

One thought on “Informational Interview 2

You are walking away from your internship with some valuable learning! Feel free to reach out if you need support connecting the dots and exploring options!