Reflection | #5

This summer has gone by incredibly fast.

Looking back, I feel as if I am one step closer in the path I wish to pursue and dedicate my life to.

Since first arriving on campus over two years ago, I was not entirely decided in what I would do and where life would take me. I knew I had interests in specific areas, and many dreams that spanned a wide range of areas and topics, yet I was not sure which path was right for me.

Fast forward to this past summer, and I truly believe things are starting to fall into place.

It took a long time to get here and understand how I should proceed, even at the start and midst of this summer.

However, with the conclusion of my first internship on Capitol Hill, I feel as if I am headed in the right direction.

While I may have been disillusioned in some regard to “D.C. and politics,” I have realized there are people who truly wish to dedicate their lives to further the interest of not themselves – but of the world around them.

Although I feel as if I am still years away from truly making the impact I hope to make, my exposure and experiences on the Hill confirm that I am at least in the right place to start moving closer to this goal.

This summer has been eye-opening. I lived in a new city. I took on a completely new role in a new environment. And despite some setbacks and stressful days, I know I was in the right place.

I am incredibly humbled to have been given the opportunities that I have had this summer, and I hope this is just the start of even more experiences in the world of public service.