Experiences #6

I have had the most productive summer of my life where I got an opportunity to work in places that have shaped my views for the future. Working in the fashion industry taught me that my future path is in this industry itself. Being on the marketing and PR side of the business, I have learned a lot about what goes into building a brand and this internship has taught me to better judge the markets and understand what works and what doesn’t.

In this process, I have realized that between Marketing and Public Relations, I have a stronger passion for the latter as it helps me reach out to more people and build more connections, something I thrive on. I also have come up with several PR ideas that has helped my company and have developed a knack for it. Another thing I have learned after my internship is that, I want to explore more areas of this industry. For instance, I had a chance to interact with a lot of buyers and I feel that this position requires a lot of critical thinking, which is something that my academic background has prepared me to do. I also would love to be on the Creative team as I have picked up a lot of creative skills at my internship and would be willing to explore that side on a different level.

All in all, this has been a great experience for me! I plan to head back for my senior year and work on my academics and continue to explore the arts and culture scene at Michigan. This will be my second year producing a fashion show on campus and I hope to gain more experiences through this show and come back to New York to start my life in this industry!