My Boss Is Cooler Than Your Boss | #3

Recently, all the interns had a meeting with one of the cofounders of Clique Media Group, Hillary Kerr, which was by far the coolest thing that has happened at my internship. She is the nicest, coolest person I have ever met- you would never guess that she is the cofounder of such a successful company- she is so down to earth. All of the interns were gathered in the conference room and she went around the table and asked us each where we are from, where we go to school, and what we wanted to do post graduation. She shared stories of her successes and failures- and assured us that when she was going to school she had no idea what she wanted to do. She completed 5 different internships post graduation before she realized where she wanted her career to go. This comforted me considering I certainly don’t know where I will be in 5 years. I am waiting to be inspired just like Hillary did.

She ended the meeting by saying she would be happy to make time to meet with us individually and look over our resumes- something she definitely has to pull time out of thin air for I’m sure- she is an incredibly busy woman.

It is inspiring to see a woman in power create so much and stay so humble. She really is incredible. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet with her privately this past Wednesday to discuss my resume and future career goals. She gave me helpful tips and suggestions to make my resume more appealing for future employers, including what she looks for in resumes. It was a surreal experience that I will never forget.