Hospital Chronicles #5 | End of my Internship

This has been a long, but very exciting summer. I was so fortunate for the opportunity I had to conduct research under Dr. Jamerson. This was an invaluable experience that I will never forget. One way this internship has altered my career path was by widening it. There are so many different things doctors can do with their M.D. besides seeing patients every day. I consider myself a people person so that was never something that bothered me, but it is still very interesting to learn the diverse ways in which doctors can use their degree. Doctors are able to teach, brainstorm, conduct research and so many other things. You don’t have to work in a hospital or a clinic to be a doctor. Some advice I have for other people who do an internship similar to mine is to ask lots of question. Everyone was once in your position or was curious about the same or similar question. When you are around so many people of different paths and backgrounds, ask questions because you never know what advice they might give you. This experience was the highlight of my summer. It made my dream of becoming a doctor a reality. I was able to see myself in Dr. Jamerson’s shoes. I learned about people, the importance of relationships and also about the medical field. I am extremely thankful for all that I had.