Connecting My Studies to My Academic Exploration

Throughout the past couple of years, I thought that I might want to work at a startup. So, I was therefore very excited to be working on JUMP Investor’s start up. There were aspects of the internship that both confirmed my path, but also showed that working at a start up may not be for me.

Firstly, I was able to work on a side project for the start-up’s social media, where I outlined strategies for various social media sites, mainly Facebook. This project led to other side projects of me writing blog posts. I hope to connect these interests to my academic exploration by continuing on the Ross Sale’s Track. I enjoy the track’s marketing classes, and believe that the material will help me with my marketing and social media interests.

While I want to continue with the Ross Sale’s Track, working on a start up has made me question whether or not I want to continue with my Entrepreneurship minor. However, I have mixed emotions. On one hand, the classes have taught me a lot about business overall, which is important to me. On the other hand, I have realized that I want to truly focus on my marketing concentration. Additionally, I now think that I want to work at a more developed company. Overall, I am thankful that my internship has shed light on all of these matters.