Impact of My Internship Experience: Blog #5

I can’t believe my internship has come to an end. I have to admit that it was definitely one of the most memorable experiences of my summer. The professional knowledge I have gained, the amazing people I have worked with and the essential skills I have improved on proved the significant impact of my summer internship at Brock Capital Group. This experience made me fall in love with working as an investment banking analyst at one of the finance capitals in the U.S.

On the last day of my internship, I was a little upset instead of feeling relieved as I have expected. I did not want to leave Brock, where I gained one of the best working experiences. Looking back at the past two months, I was surprised at how much banking knowledge I have learned. Working on the models given by my managers, I got the opportunity to work on difficult projects and approach financial concepts I have never touched on before. I found the process of analyzing financial statements of client companies to be challenging but exciting. Such experience greatly improved my quantitative analysis skills and gave me a strong statistical background. I also felt a great sense of accomplishment as I was able to build my own financial model.

As a rising junior, I found it to be a great opportunity to gain an early exposure to the real world experience of working as an investment banker, a career I consider to pursue after graduation. I truly enjoyed the corporate culture of Brock Capital Group, where people are always there to help and focus on the importance of teamwork. I have met some inspiring and motivational individuals from interns to seniors and clients, expanding my social network in New York and honing my inter-personal skills at the same time. The overall internship was fun and insightful. I was glad that I took the challenge to work at one of the investment banks in New York during my sophomore summer. I truly enjoy and appreciate my internship experience at Brock Capital Group and I would definitely come back in the future.

One thought on “Impact of My Internship Experience: Blog #5

“This experience made me fall in love with working as an investment banking analyst at one of the finance capitals in the U.S.” This is one of my favorite sentences in this blog. I was really inspired after reading this blog! I think that everyone should experience internship since it provides opportunities to link classroom learning to practical applications in the workplace, a way to be exposed to career fields, helps a student to develop new skills and enhance them. Just believe in yourself and continue following your dream!