Closing Thoughts | #5

I do not know if I have mentioned this in my posts yet or not, but I will be continuing my work with the National Forum during the fall and winter terms. I am very happy about this because it gives me the opportunity to continue working on the case study we have already started as well as other projects that arise as the year goes on.

My work this summer has been very rewarding. I have been able to become more acquainted with coworkers as well as more involved in their work. It is very comforting to know that the people I connected with over the summer will continue to be in my life after the internship ends. As I had mentioned in a previous post, working with the same people in the same office could get boring at times, but I believe that being already comfortable in the workplace has helped me be more productive because I did not have to take the time to adjust to my environment and coworkers.

It was also great to stay in Ann Arbor for the summer. It was my first summer in Ann Arbor and I have to say the city is very different in the summer than during the school year. Having more free time allowed me to explore A2 and visit places I had not been to before, which was very exciting. Personally, I like Ann Arbor during the school term better though because I missed all the students walking around and making campus look more alive.

Overall, I am very grateful for this opportunity that was both enriching and fun. I really was not sure what to expect out of my internship but I have accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish over the summer. I am excited for the semester to start and to continue my work, which will hopefully help me build on my experience and make it as fruitful as possible.