Reflection | #5

Looking back on this internship, I am extremely grateful for the experience. Working for the Climate and Space Department at the University of Michigan helped me explore my passion for space in a professional setting. To any student interested in research, I have a few recommendations:

1. Research different professors and researchers through the different department websites at Michigan and email them about their work.
  2. From my experience, my internship taught me that in science there is a lot of revision. You might have to look at the same datasets over and over again. However, being passionate about the topic ensures there will never be a boring day.
  3. Get to know the researchers/professors in the department you work for in order to learn more about different career paths and exciting new research projects.

While I plan to pursue a job in a different field, interning in space research has taught me what the scientific community is like,  how to strengthen my analytical skills, and how to pursue my natural curiosity and be a lifelong learner. I am very thankful for the Climate and Space Department for the opportunity to work there, and for the Opportunity Hub in making my ability to work there possible.

One thought on “Reflection | #5

Thank you for the recommendations! I also relate to potentially wanting to work in a different field than my internship so I appreciate the reflection.