Informational Interview #1

J is an alum that I met at an alum networking event. She had a bright personality and was very kind. I briefly introduced myself and told her that I was interested in business development and marketing. She immediately introduced me to two other alums in these two fields. I think she is a well-connected and nice person with insights and therefore, I wanted to connect with her to receive some advice from her.

During our meet, she talked about her experiences during college and the change in her state of mind and life. She also walked me through her work experiences and explained to me the reason behind every step she took. I appreciated all her life and career advice. In specific, she suggested me to network with professionals who used to be an intern for positions that I would like to apply. They could provide advice on not only how to get the internship but also on how to advance myself during my career trajectory. She also told me it is worth the time and effort to figure out what kind of person I am and what I want to do. Having the right understanding for myself is critical for making a well-informed decision in career direction.

Overall, I am very glad that I get to know J and received so much valuable advice from her. I hope we can stay in touch and meet up again sometime.