Reflecting on my Experience #5

I can’t believe my internship has come to an end! I am very grateful for the opportunity I had this summer to work with MUFI. I realized that working with a nonprofit is very fulfilling for me because I get to see how my hours of working out there resulted in many bellies being filled with great food! Furthermore, I was able to meet many different people from various backgrounds that all come together because they share a common interest or goal in mind. This internship has strengthened my interest in public health, and has also opened my eyes to a new opportunity within the field: starting a nonprofit. While my goal within public health is to be involved in hospital management, I have always been interested in starting my own business at some point and I think a nonprofit would be perfect for me! And to any one that is worried about taking on a different internship and how it will apply to their resume – go for it. There are so many important skills and lessons that you can grasp from any experience, whether it be gardening plants or working in a corporate company!

One thought on “Reflecting on my Experience #5

• September 2, 2017 at 12:14 am

I am so glad that you shared your experience with us! I also completed an internship at a nonprofit, and it was the best experience that I could have ever had. I think it’s amazing to see how nonprofits work and see their mission. They all have different ones, and it’s great to see their goals and how they accomplish it.