Last Week of My Internship | 5

After three enjoyable, engaging, and enriching months at the European Banking Federation in Brussels, my traineeship came to an end this week.

When I accepted my internship at the EBF I did not know what to expect. I knew roughly what the EBF did, and I understood the basics of the work I would be doing. My expectations were not only met, but far exceeded.

From going to official events at the European Commission and European Parliament, to listening to talks by renowned academics, to sampling the excellent Brussels food scene, the summer was an incredible learning experience.

Leaving the office on my last day I could not help reflect about all that I had done over the summer. Meeting MEPs and Commissioners, visiting nearly every major Belgian city, analyzing individual balance sheets of banks to obtain important statistics, and of course, meeting interesting people from across Europe and the world who share my passion for economics and the European Union.

All of these relationships, ideas, and knowledge I will bring back to the University of Michigan as I embark upon my senior year. I know that what I have learned this summer will not be left in Brussels, but will be brought back with me to Michigan where I hope to implement many of the things I have learned about, and to further expand my knowledge.

This summer was in all aspects an amazing one, one that I will always remember. I feel increasingly confident and assured of what I want to work with in the future, and where I hope to conduct that work.

Today I fly back to Ann Arbor, excited for the many opportunities that await.

One thought on “Last Week of My Internship | 5

• September 3, 2017 at 9:33 pm

It sounds like you had an amazing experience interning abroad! I am sure that what you learned through this opportunity will help you in future endeavors.