As the summer comes to an end… | Blog Post #5

As my summer internship comes to a close, I would like to take a second to reflect on all I have accomplished in the past four months.

First of all, I had the wonderful opportunity to conduct research in elementary schools with kindergarten, first, and second graders. This was an experience I did not get to partake in much when classes were in session. It is quite difficult to create a schedule in which you have an entire day free for data collection. Therefore, I was very pleased to be able to work with the students and have an impact on the data we analyze.

Second, I completed much of my honors thesis. Spending so much time on it this summer has allowed me to critique my work and hopefully submit a finalized version (in December) with which I am extremely confident.

Lastly, I have gotten even closer to the members of my lab and am very excited to begin working with all of them again this semester. From Blank Slate ice cream runs to afternoon chats, the members of my lab have become like family.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed interning with my lab this summer. The experience has further emphasized my goals of obtaining a PhD in Psychology and I cannot wait for what the future holds!

Morgan J

I am a fourth year Honors Psychology student studying at the University of Michigan. I will be graduating this December and am will be applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs for the fall of 2018. My ultimate goal is to work in a private practice where I evaluate and treat children with Autism and other developmental disabilities.