Informational Interview 2

Outside of my internship, I reached out to my mom’s college friend to conduct an informational interview with him. He has experience in the music industry, which is a field that I hope to go into after I graduate. Additionally, he went to University of Michigan, which gave us something else in common. Overall, I thought that he would be a great person to connect with and hopefully learn a little bit from.

This individual taught me a lot in the short time we spoke. He told me how as a young man, he packed up his bags and moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career aspirations. He did not know anybody, but made connections for himself, and ultimately became very successful. This anecdote came along with the advice for me to follow my dreams and go after what I want to do after school. He also gave me great advice on how to make connections. Essentially, I need to network with as many people as possible, and most importantly, follow up with them, and stay in touch.

I hope to apply these suggestions to the rest of my internship, my career pursuits, and every other aspect of my life. I will continue to make connections during my internship, and keep in touch after it is completed. Furthermore, when I start applying to jobs, as well as when I am already in the workforce, I will continue to make strong connections, and more importantly, keep them. I am thankful that I was able to meet with this individual and get this amazing advice!