Wrapping Up #5

As this is my last blog post, I think it is fitting that I reflect on my internship as a whole.

This summer I have learned many new skills, met interesting people from all over lower Michigan, grown personally and professionally, and even made some new friends. I have also been fortunate enough to bring what I have learned back to my home community, therefore engaging with it in a way that I had never been able to before.

Most importantly, however, I have been able to learn more about what I want to do with my degrees after graduation. I love my majors and my classes, but it is very easy to get lost in the academic aspects and forget about the real-world impacts. I chose the majors that I did because I want to make a difference for women specifically through policy… and my internship has reminded me of that, while also teaching me about my own professional goals. My goal at the beginning of the summer was to better determine what I want to do in the future specifically. Now at the end of the summer, I can say that I have accomplished this goal.

I am so grateful for this opportunity and all that I have learned this summer. I am eager to bring what I have learned into the future, both in terms of my last two years, and beyond.