Blog 6: Connecting My Studies to My Academic Exploration

Although I did not have the whole summer to work as an intern at AthletesFirst, I have learned more than I ever thought I would. I came into this internship with a very small understanding about the requirements for this field of work. I had a very basic understanding of all of the details that go into each business deal and interactions in a sports agency. I am so grateful for all of the help I was able to receive from members in the office as well as members of other groups that I had talked to on the phone. Through all of the conversations that I was a part of and all of the conversations that I heard take place I gained first-hand experience on how to interact with others in this business. I would say that after my time working at AthletesFirst, I am definitely much more motivated to pursue Sports Management as my major. This internship has shown me that I love the type of people that I would have the opportunity to work with and also that the work I would be doing is very exciting and is something I could see myself doing at a very long time at a very high level. I hope that I can use all of the information I gained in the classes that ii am able to take this upcoming semester.