How has your internship influenced your (near) future (school, career, or personal plans)? Blog #4

My internship definitely helped me branch out more and challenge myself. When you meet me I am very outgoing and that is a skill I developed earlier, but I never really learned how to keep a relationship. At the Department of Transportation, I had to meet new people, but I also had to keep up the relationship throughout the summer. For example, remembering names and what small talk conversation we had. This skill honestly made my internship better because the more I remembered about other people, the more they remembered about me. This help when being chose to do cool projects, or being called out in meetings.

As a personal plan, I want to run for mayor of Detroit or a Michigan office, at the internship we talked about smart cities (this really caught my eye). According to wiki, “A smart city is an urban development vision to integrate information and communication technology (ICT) and Internet of things (IoT) technology in a secure fashion to manage a city’s assets.” This is about the same definition we used. We also learned what transportation will look like in Smart Cities. It might be something I would consider promoting once we can fix all the things that are also bad about smart cities.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree, night, plant and outdoor