What advice would you give to a student planning to do an internship in your field/country/organization? Blog #5

I will list my top 3 advice I would give:

1. Introduce yourself to everyone!
    • This might seem like you’re doing the most, but if people don’t know who you are by the end of the summer or worse you are just now meeting people close to the end, then you have not done enough. Small talk is better than not talking at all.
  2. Eat. Specifically Brunch.
    • D.C. has great brunch spots and new food to try. If you are on a spending budget like I was, never be ashamed to ask if for student discounts, look on groupon, or ask if there are deals with your company. For example, Ice Cream Jubilee (an ice cream shop near my internship) had a buy one get one free deal for all employees at The United States Department of Transportation.
  3. Go on an adventure with friends!
    • This was not my hometown and I love taking pictures, so of course fun adventures with my peers were always a must! Don’t wait to the last minute!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standingImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, tree, sky and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people smiling