Wrapping It Up | #5

My time as the 2017 Mawby Intern at the Council of Michigan Foundations this summer has been an incredibly impactful experience. I’ve learned so much about the field I intend on entered, been inspired by the committee of young philanthropists I’ve had the chance to work with, and made amazing friends and contacts both within my organization and in the state of Michigan.

Fortunately, for the next year I am serving as a member of the board of trustees for the organisation that I’ve interned at this summer so while I’ll no longer be an employee, I’ll still be very connected to the organization and their important work! I’m really looking forward to hearing about and seeing the programs that I have worked on continue in the future with others taking the lead.

I’m very lucky to have been able to spend the summer in my home state while doing what I love. I’m currently studying abroad in Paris and will be here until December, so having these few months to work with an organization that feels like home, in a place that is already home, was an invaluable experience personally. I can’t wait to come back in the winter and have the chance to visit Detroit and visit the friends I’ve made while working at the Council of Michigan Foundations!