Wrapping up | #5

My experience interning at the White House was nothing short of extraordinary. I think back to how privileged I was to get to meet and talk to so many incredibly influential people in the world of politics. During my time on West Executive Avenue I got the opportunity to meet figures like Ben Carson, Kellyanne Conway, Mike Pence, Jim Mattis, and even President Donald Trump. I will always remember the advice these influencers gave me. The thing that always stands out to me is they all constantly encouraged me to continue serving my county, no matter what field I enter into. This really allowed me to discover a new perspective as to what a job means for me in the future. Previously, I might have thought that money was the primary motive to get a job in the first place. My unpaid internship over the summer really challenged my opinion about this and forced me to consider the amount of good I can do in this world when I am not as focused on the financials. I would not have been able to come to this realization without the diverse opinions of my fellow interns that I worked alongside. I am so grateful to be able to call these individuals my friends, and I look forward to meeting up with several of them throughout the current semester. The White House Internship Program was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in my eyes. I strongly recommend applying for anybody who loves DC, wants an unforgettable experience, is interested in politics, or just wants to do something different.