The Best Kiwi Mentor | #2

Over the course of my internship I had the amazing opportunity to be mentored by a few incredible Kiwi politicians, but none more incredible than Jacinda Ardern. Jacinda is undoubtedly the most kind-hearted, optimistic, impressive, and selfless politician that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and working for both here at this internship and in the United States. As the leader of the National Labour Party at the age of only 36 running to be the next Prime Minister, Jacinda is as impressive as she is altruistic. Working for her campaign (along with others) and being able to shadow her in Parliament was such an incredible experience. Jacinda is the most honest politician that the world knows, and I was able to witness this firsthand. She treats her constituents with the utmost respect and diligently responds to their concerns, questions, and critiques; she makes national politics feel like small town politics, and she incites a humanitarian passion known lovingly throughout New Zealand as “The Jacinda Effect”.