Blog #1: Goals

As a student with Economics major and Statistics minor, I hope I can use my past research experience as well as the skills that I have learned in classes to rebrand the personalized service before launching the product on online platforms. Even I have quite a number of travel experiences, I am still not too familiar with the travel industry. I wish I can understand more about the industry while having an opportunity to leverage my current skills and improve my communication ability in the workplace. Through this internship, I also hope to know about the work of a market research analyst and to find out if it is what I want to do in the future.

Having a chance to talk with my internship supervisor last week, I understand more about the company and my responsibility. Developing hypotheses for the planning service is my first step to start off the work. In the past week, I worked on the hypotheses around the luxury gift vision and came up with various targets and situations regards our service. I also researched on currently available shopping platforms and gift prices for different occasions. In the coming weeks, I will test the hypotheses by comparing similar products in the market and conducting interviews with people.

One thought on “Blog #1: Goals

• November 20, 2017 at 10:18 pm

This sounds like a really great connection to the work you are doing in the classroom. I am very much looking forward to seeing how this internship progresses for you.