Professional Identity | #3

I’ve always believed that my ability to adapt in any given situation is one of my strengths. And while this may be true, since being part of my internship, I’ve realized that there are certain situations during which this adaption can be tough. I’m far removed from the tech industry, so I’m constantly being challenged during this internship to figure out what type of content aligns with the company and is worth my time to post on the Rinf Tech UK Facebook. My strengths lie in my written work–meaning I can successfully brainstorm captions for posts, but being able to find a relevant article is the challenging part. As a result, my ability is constantly being challenged within this professional setting.

This week, I’ve been doing much of the same work. I’m sticking to my weekly posting schedule for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. I’m doing research and finding relevant articles to share on the Facebook page on my own, rather than feeling the need to double check with my mentors. I’m still gathering analytics each week as well in preparation for the final presentation and a final report for my mentors so they can gauge how much we’ve progressed on social media over the course of the semester.

One thought on “Professional Identity | #3

• November 28, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for sharing, Jessica! One of the things that I think is so valuable about completing an internship is understanding that you aren’t always going to immediately know the right answer or the right direction to go….that’s where we all fall back on what we do know to find the way forward!