Informational Interview 2

Mr. *****************

Hello, my name is Brandon Weber and I currently work in the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs at the Office of Israeli and Palestinian Affairs as an intern. I am currently a junior studying Political Economy and Development at the University of Michigan. I am reaching out to you today because I am not only interested in Middle East Politics but I am I interested in International Monetary Affairs and curious to how the Office of Monetary Affairs fits into the Department of State. I would love the opportunity to sit down and speak with you for 15 minutes on your role as a Regional Officer in the office and how you got to where you are today.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Thank you,

Brandon Weber

Office of Israeli and Palestinian Affairs

Department of State

Cell: ************

Email: ***************

This reached out to this individual because I have always been very intrigued to how international monetary relationships work and how the Department of State implements their Office of Monetary Affairs into their overall agency goals. Meeting with this individual was very informative although I did not learn that much new information. His responsibilities are to be the liaison between the International Monetary Fund and the Department of State’s foreign officers. Although it was somewhat interesting to listen to his career history and job description, I realized that once again, working in the government can be very slow as there are many layers to completing tasks and achieving goals.