Blog #1: Goals

I am beyond ecstatic to be be interning with Detour Guy, a company that uses artificial intelligence and big data analytics to help travelers plan their trips. Throughout the next two months, I hope to really delve into the tasks that I am given. I have many experiences working for the public sector, so the opportunity to work for Detour Guy, a company based in Hong Kong, will be a great chance for me to learn new things and use what I have learned thus far.  Specifically, throughout this semester, I hope to acquire more market research skills.  I especially look forward to directly working with Brian, the CEO, and help his company grow.  Another goal for me is to make an impact. Though I may be just an intern, I hope to be efficient and beneficial and really assist in strategy formulation and execution as a Market Research analyst.

Though I have contacted my mentor, I have yet to hear back from him. However, I will most certainly be thinking about these goals while I embark on this internship. I have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge throughout the courses I have taken, but it has been the internships and work experiences where I can really gain real-world skills.

One thought on “Blog #1: Goals

• February 19, 2018 at 1:30 pm

This is a great blog post–do, of course, let us know if you continue to have issues contacting your mentor for the internship. We can help with that if it’s an issue.