Professional Identity | Blog #3

No matter where we come from or where we end up, we always carry our identity with us. Whether it is our personal identities or our identity as a group, we define ourselves in one way or the other. As I make progress in my internship and become more comfortable with the tasks I’m carrying out, I see a part of me being defined differently. I see how the part of me that was awkward and unfamiliar with professional conversations being transformed into one that could present materials appropriately in a professional manner. I think the internship opened me up and forced me to embrace this new role that I had no previous experience with.

Over the past two weeks, I started digging deeper into Roadlike and tried to understand the target audience as thoroughly as possible. I think at this point of the internship, it is vital to have a clear idea of what the structure of my final output of work is going to be. With the data sent kindly by my mentor Tanuj, I was able to identity the top keywords Roadlike should use upon its release. I also found ways to make the app more accessible to audience through increasing its domain authority. I look forward to the tasks I am to complete and the constant development my newfound professional identity.

One thought on “Professional Identity | Blog #3

• March 8, 2018 at 11:20 pm

It is great to hear that you are feeling more comfortable engaging in professional conversations! This is going to be a really great skill for you going forward both during and after your undergraduate career. I’m glad to hear that things are going so well for you!