Blog #4: Midpoint Check-In

Upon reevaluating my original internship goals I have found that I have made progress in achieving them. I was hoping to gain insight into the marketing of a tech-based application, which is what the base of my research has been focused on. My goal is best defined as simply learning as much as I can about both the company Userfacet as well as the field of social media marketing. It is difficult to determine if I am performing well as none of my assignments are quantitatively measured. So far my mentor has confirmed that the work I am doing is on the correct path and that my final project will prove to be an asset to the application launch. Until I have compiled all of my research and created the final marketing pitch it is impossible to determine the impact I have had on the company.

This week my instructor and I met via skype at our usual time to review my latest research findings. I had finished conducting my SWOT analysis of the travel application market and started to develop ideas for my final pitch. He told me which ones he felt were stronger than others and we determined that by next week I will have finalized my idea.

One thought on “Blog #4: Midpoint Check-In

• March 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm

It sounds like you are making progress towards your goals, which is great. The switch from school, where grades are usually scored 0-100, to the world of work, where outcomes are measured qualitatively, is a hard one to make. It seems like you are findng ways to get the targeted feedback on your work that you need, which is great! Keep up the good work.