Midpoint Check-in | Blog #4

At the start of the internship, my main goals were to learn the ways of performing formal research well and to communicate effectively. After many weeks of research, I would change my goal to learning about the best ways to map out research areas through understanding the issues of my project and writing out as many guiding questions as possible so that my research direction would be clearer from the start. This would help me save time during the research process and leave me with more room for strategizing and refining my solutions.

So far, I think that the weekly chat with the company has been really helpful. I was able to keep my research on the right track. One area that I need to work on would be on restructuring my idea presentation. My research findings came across as a little vague and not convincing enough. This is an important part that I need to work on because I would need this skill no matter where my career path leads.

In the past week, I have started piecing together a business plan for the app of the the company that I’m working for. I wanted to familiarize myself with the requirements of a business strategy model so that I will know the areas which I am lacking in. So far, I’ve identified key functions and areas that the app work on to improve their service and business. I went through different forums discussing similar app and what people wanted in those types of apps to back my suggested modifications up. I also discussed about how to structure my final business strategy plan to make sure that I’m on the right track.

One thought on “Midpoint Check-in | Blog #4

• March 16, 2018 at 3:47 pm

It sounds like you’re doing some great work in conjunction with your internship! You are totally correct that research skills are of value in almost any field–I do hope that you find that you’re developing well in this area through the course of your experience.