Midpoint Check-in | Blog #4

If I have a chance to reevaluate my goals, I would say that I am learning a good deal about the culture of Macau, China, but I would love to improve my communication skills. I believe my independent research on the area and the people who live there has been very informative for me, and I would love to someday travel there. I believe I need to be more efficient in my communication, as sometimes I am intimidated to reach out for clarification, because Mr. Power is such a busy man. I believe that I have made strides toward achieving my goals, but there is still work to be done.

In the last few weeks, I have been learning independently about the casino industry and how they make their money. Right now, 13 Holdings is still constructing their hotel and casino, but I am looking at the other casinos in the area to find out how they make their money. The science behind casinos is incredible, and the different practices they use to continue to keep their customers busy and excited are very extensive and thoughtful. I am also amazed at the difference in money that can be made per table in Macau vs. Vegas, and the fact that Macau almost puts Vegas to shame in the quality and experience that they provide.