Blog 3: Value of Diversity

At the start of my internship, I filled out a welcome email to be shared with the entire team that delved into my individual identities. I was able to showcase my personality through a series of questions and share what my hobbies and interests were. I am typically more on the reserved side when it comes to meeting new people, but I quickly realized that my interests relating to music and sports made me quickly connect and form relationships with the people I would be working with.

Shortly after I sent out my welcome email introducing myself, a lot of people reached out to me sharing commonalities. I didn’t realize that my hobbies would turn out to allow me to form relationships and have great conversations with so many people. Although I tend to me typically reserved off the bat, my personality quickly developed as uncovering commonalities with others allowed me to open up a lot quick than I was used to.

It became clear that all of the employees on my team were all passionate about music, arts, theatre, sports, or just connecting people to live events. The commitment Ticketmaster has in employing people who are genuinely excited about the industry made me instantly form connections since we shared the same interests. This shared bond has positively impacted my personality in the sense that my shy tendencies were reduced and I felt comfortable from the start.