During my internship, I faced a large challenge when working on my first project. I was tasked with creating a highly detailed data base for all of the entries to the Lumen Prize for the past 6 years. This task was challenging for me due to the amount of time that it took and the large amount of research that had to be done to find all the information we needed to fill the data base. I was able to overcome this challenge by breaking up the work into daily manageable portions and found ways to make compiling the information more efficient. By doing these things, I was able to complete the database and meet my deadline.
This week I have been contacting art posting websites about publishing Lumen Prize’s Call for Entry. I have been formulating posts for such sites so that it is seen by as many people as possible. I have also been working on updating previous information on an old Call for Entry database. By doing this, we have updated contact information and can more accurately reach out to publications that will post our opportunity. This week I also conducted my informational interview on my colleague, Gabby Martinez. I learned a great deal and was able to reflect on my time with the Lumen Prize.