Blog 5 Overcoming Obstacles

The major obstacle I have encountered is that, sometimes, I found it was kind of hard to balance between my school work and my internship. I am a junior and plan to apply for PhD programs in the future. I have been busy with my courses and spending plenty of time talking to my professors during this semester. Also, I have found there are many new things I have to teach myself about in order to complete the assignments I have been given. Although it demands a lot of time and effort, I think it’s a great opportunity to study new subjects and improve my analytical skills. I talked to my colleagues in the host organization and be honest with them and they have showed me their understanding which I appreciate. On the other hand, I have also tried to work more efficiently and be more productive. I have pushed myself to try my best to learn and get things done.

Recently, one of my colleagues Tushar has sent me a data set detailing candidates that applied for a seat under the Right to Education Act of India, and he wanted me to perform an Exploratory Data Analysis(EDA) on this dataset. This is something new for me to learn and practice and I am very excited about it.