Blog: Informational Interview 2

I connected with a person who worked as the title that I wanted to be then moved to a different department after 2 years. I really wanted to connect with him because I was very curious about what made him switch departments. He said he didn’t “like” the job. He said that the job was work intensive without much human interaction. He would come to work at 8 in the morning and just work by himself until 5PM, without exchanging any words besides “hello” and “how are you?”. He realized that that was not the job for him. Instead, he wanted to work in a team environment, which led him to move away from his original title. One thing he told me that was really relate-able was if you are not too sure about what you want to do or do not have a strong passion for a job yet, be with the people you like. I realized the two people I interviewed had something in common. They both felt that the excitement of getting the job is only temporary but the relationship you build with people is permanent. So, whatever the job is you feel the happiest when you are around those you want to work with. The environment is an integral part of one’s success.