Blog: Informational Interview 2

For my next interview, I decided to talk to my mentor who used to be a news reporter for WXYZ – 7 Action News. We connected almost four years ago through a mutual contact. From then, we have made it our responsibility to meet during major breaks to catch up and share the newest updates in our lives. While my internship was going on, I wanted to hear more of what she had to say about the field since this was my first newsroom experience. She told me about her experiences as a news reporter, and the lessons she learned from being one. She also told me how to tell a story in order to make it matter to those individuals who will be watching it. Furthermore, she was open and honest about the challenges she faced. While the industry is bound to have its high and low moments, she informed me the good will outweigh the bad. She constantly assured me things will be fine, and there’s nothing for me to worry about because she knows who I am and I will succeed as I’ve been doing for the past four years. From talking with her, it taught me life is going to be challenging, but it’s about making the most out of every situation regardless if it was bad or good. It’s about living to tell the next person my story and inspiring them to be great.