Adjusting for Summer #1

This summer I will be working in a pathology lab that researches sepsis. I participated in UROP and spent the academic year in this lab and am excited to continue into this summer. I am a soon to be second-year student following the pre-med track, and am hoping that my experiences in the lab will help to prepare me for this career in the future.

Over the past months, I have been given more and more responsibility. My goals for this summer involve following whole experiments from start to finish on my own. I hope to gain the skills necessary to carry out more difficult protocols without assistance. I expect to be given more responsibilities because there are fewer undergraduates in the lab currently; this means that everyone must take on more to compensate. I look forward to getting to know my peers better, and to building relationships with the post-doc and other more senior members of the team.

I have high hopes for this experience and know that it is a fantastic opportunity to gain lab skills and work experience. I am thankful that I am able to continue to work alongside a great team of people doing progressive work.

One thought on “Adjusting for Summer #1

Thanks for working out the posting glitches, Paden! It’s wonderful to get a sense of your goals for the summer and of the work you will be doing.