Blog #1: Settling Into My Internship

I am interning with a company called Primary Wave Entertainment in New York City. I am working as the Streaming and Playlisting Intern in the Digital Marketing department. I will also be doing work for the publishing and creative branches of the company. I was drawn to this particular internship because I love the music industry. It has always been my intention to study marketing in the hopes of getting employment in the field of entertainment. I have gotten comfortable in the office and beginning to get to know my coworkers. They are passionate about the artists that we represent and I am inspired by their dedication. The office environment is collaborative and friendly and the energy is stimulating. While it is unfortunate that my direct supervisor is going on paternity leave in June, I am lucky that there are many people willing to take me under their wing. I am confident that this internship will be an incredible learning opportunity and am excited to see where the summer takes me.

2 thoughts on “Blog #1: Settling Into My Internship

So great! Hope you enjoy!

Hello Rebecca! I’m Caroline McFadden and I work at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I’ll be following your blogs this summer and I’m so excited to read about your work at Primary Wave! It is awesome that you were able to land this internship in the music industry that you are passionate about, and in NYC nonetheless! Congrats! It is also great that your coworkers are equally passionate and the environment is positive. It is a bummer that your supervisor will be out of the office, but I’m curious to know how you plan to stay proactive to make sure you are supported during his absence. It sounds like there are lots of people who are willing to be there for you– have you found one or two folks in particular that you’d like as your supervisors or mentors? Identifying some key connections might be something to think about. I’m also looking forward to hearing about the specific work you are doing in your position as Streaming and Playlist Intern. Thanks for sharing so far and I look forward to reading your next post!