Flash Sports Reflection

This Flash Internship has been an incredible experience. I have learned so much about myself, the industry, and the many individuals (both the professionals and peers) around me. Coming in with minimal knowledge about how to broadcast a show or what each position specifically entailed, after completing this trip, I can confidently say I am more proficient in each aspect than I was when I began. This experience has opened my eyes to a countless number of more possibilities and potential employment fields I would like to explore in the coming summers/springs and even in a smaller scale back in Ann Arbor. Some ket getaways I took from this experience are to be open minded, never say no to any opportunity, and the importance of getting your foot in the door. If I were to do things differently during this flash internship, I would have prepared a few specific questions or found a connection to each alumni on the panel. This would have allowed me to start a conversation more smoothly and would have eased my nerves during the networking segment of the event. Overall, this was a fantastic way to explore the sports media industry and I am so lucky to have been a part of it. Go Blue!!