Halfway Done (Post #3)

One of the prompts for the halfway point is about a great mentor. I really want to talk about that today because I have found an exceptional mentor. Her name is Irina and she has been the person that I have worked the most with since I started my internship. CalNeuro Research Group is a very small clinical research group so Irina has to do numerous jobs that are typically done by multiple people in larger research groups. This has given me the opportunity to learn about many different aspects of clinical research that I was not expecting to learn. I thought I would be learning just about the research process itself, but I have learned about what goes on behind the scene as well. For example, I have learned how to advertise for clinical trials and how to reach out to those who show interest. I am very grateful for all that I have learned so far and can thank Irina for teaching me more than I thought I would learn!

2 thoughts on “Halfway Done (Post #3)

Hi Noah! It is phenomenal that you have found such a great mentor at your internship and have learned about the many aspects of the research process. Have you learned anything that surprised you?

Irina could be a great long-term career mentor for you as well. The Hub coaches can help you further develop that relationship and maintain it even after you are done with your internship. Feel free to reach out if you would like any support with that.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

• May 27, 2018 at 5:40 am

Hi Uzma,

Thank you for your comments! I have been managing time well and I have mostly just been using my calendar to keep all my stuff in order. As for anything surprising, I think it is that I never realized how much clinical research is advertised. Ever since I started, I started noticing more and more ads, whether they are in papers, on tv, or even on the radio.

Have a great long weekend!